There is an opportunity to educate ourselves at a great filmnight Called the Eagle and Condor: The film follows four Indigenous leaders embarking on a transcontinental adventure from the Canadian boreal forests to the heart of the Amazon jungle to document the Indigenous struggle to protect the land and water.
On Friday June 26th at 7 pm Eastern Time and 7pm London Time, Extinction Rebellion Global Support is proud to present the 2 online screenings of the award-winning documentary The Condor and the Eagle.
These events are part of the “Film Launch Impact Series | June 20th – July 5th”! A series of partner organizations are hosting impressive online events, presenting to large audiences the inspiring work being done by land defenders across the Americas: https://thecondorandtheeagle.com/film-launch-impact-series/
The film follows four Indigenous leaders embarking on a transcontinental adventure from the Canadian boreal forests to the heart of the Amazon jungle to document the Indigenous struggle to protect the land and water.
Following the film screening, join us for lively discussions with the protagonists of the film, land defenders from Turtle Island and Extinction Rebellion organizers. We will hear updates from the frontline communities in their fight against many extractive projects and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tickets are available by a sliding donation (suggested donation $10-$100). Your contribution will benefit Extinction Rebellion Global Support, local groups in Latin America and the film impact campaign “No More Sacrificed Communities”.
Register for the 2 events here:
NORTH AMERICAN EVENT | Screening starts at 7pm ET
Donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2TMXYZFD3NERC&source=url
Q&A will start at 8:30pm ET. Link to our post-screening-discussion: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88011395146
EUROPEAN EVENT | Screening starts at 7pm London
Donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GXYF3DAD2UXLQ&source=url
Q&A will start at 8:30pm London. Link to our post-screening-discussion: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87546336641
– Bryan Parras (Film Protagonist – Xicano Houston, TX – Healthy Communities Organizer with Sierra Club and Co-Founder of t.e.j.a.s )
– Alice Hu (Developmental Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator for Extinction Rebellion Global Support and organizer based in New York City)
– Pedro Cunha (Artivist and collaborator of XR LATAM and XR Rio de Janeiro. Advocates to promote environmental defense as a human right, and collaborates at the Escazu Agreement regional working group on environmental activists rights)
– Yudith Nieto (Film Protagonist. Yudith Nieto was born in Mexico and grew up in the fence-line refining community of Manchester in Houston, TX. )
– Clement Guerra (Film co-director and impact producer, France)
Here is the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1236386783367084/