1. Tell us a little bit about yourself
Systems geographer by training. Business angel and mentor in “normal” times. Commercial advisor to/ambassador for the National Forest. Launched various Transition Network initiatives nationally and locally over past 12 years. Hopeless but enthusiastic guitar/ukulele player.
2. Why did you join Extinction Rebellion?
Helped to launch various Transition Network initiatives nationally and locally, but frustrated that 12 years of the “nice,” reasonable approach have not shifted the prevailing paradigm. XR shifted the conversation in April 2019. Decided I needed to be part of it.
3. What is one of your most memorable moment in XR?
Many, but highlight probably the fellowship during the October 2019 rebellion and support provided by lovely like-minded people generally.
4. What are your hopes for the future?
Limited. My training, reading of the indicators of Biosphere health, analysis and discussions with knowledgeable contacts trend towards pessimism.
5. Where do you think environmental activists should be focusing their efforts during and after the COVID19 crisis?
Highlighting the benefits (clean skies, community etc) of current lockdown/emergency measures which prove that taking emergency action is possible, necessary and worthwhile.
What’s your story?
Extinction Rebellion wouldn’t exist without the passion, energy and generosity of all of you. All of your contributions are part of a united global effort to create a safe and harmonious future for all life on Earth (except certain viruses!)
Would you like to share your story to be published on our website, newsletter and social media. You can be anonymous or share only your first name. If you’re comfortable with sharing a photo, that would be amazing. Bonus points if it’s a photo of you at an XR action or event!
Here’s some prompts. Other prompt ideas are welcome! Or feel free to ignore these and write your personal story however you like!
- Tell us a little bit about your self
- Why did you join Extinction Rebellion?
- What is one of your most memorable moment in XR?
- What are your hopes for the future?
- Where do you think environmental activists should be focusing their efforts during and after the COVID19 crisis?
Just email us with your story and the Media & Messaging Circle will do the rest.