The October Rebellion was very successful and would have been even more effective with more people. Here’s how to be prepared for similar protests in Derby and elsewhere.
- Attend or watch a talk
- Read our principles and values
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Non-violent Direct Action (NVDA) Training
- See events
- Get to know us and join an affinity group
- Email ExtinctionRderby@gmail.com
- Join us on actions in a role to suit you
- Look out for news of planning meetings and protests to go to
- Join a working group – See circles
A DIARY FROM THE OCTOBER REBELLION
Read this personal account from a Derby rebel who took part in the October 2019 Extinction Rebellion Protests: https://rebellionderby.earth/a-diary-from-the-october-rebellion
Staying in touch
Please download the Signal app if you have a smart phone. Signal is an app for sending and receiving encrypted texts and calls via the Internet and mobile data. You can find it online in your app store.
Alternatively buddy up with someone with a smart phone.
Members of Peak XR and XR Derby holding a roadblock at our LOVE REBELLION site
Keep it going
Here are some things we really need doing:
1. Please consider donating. We are raising funds for the Derby-based group of XR, in order to make our protests more visible, effective and inclusive. The proceeds will be spent on:
– materials and logistics for actions in the Derby area;
– local outreach activities (leaflets, venue bookings, etc.);
– digital resources (website, apps and engagement tools);
– support for the well-being of our activists.
6. Contact TV and radio stations and help to make our case.
Listen to how Dave and Edward explained it on BBC Radio Derby on Sunday: https://rebellionderby.earth/media/RadioDerby6-Oct-2019.mp3
Hear how Mary put it in a nutshell as part of the Monday morning bulletin: https://rebellionderby.earth/media/RadioDerby7Oct2019-Quick-Snippet-MarySmail.mp3
7. Become an Earth Protector and support making Ecocide an international crime like genocide. “The International Criminal Court … has had the effect of putting tyrants everywhere on notice that they can no longer act with impunity. If ecocide were declared a crime by the ICC, this could have a similarly daunting effect on those corporate tyrants who currently know they can get away with devastating the world’s “sacrifice zones” where they are pillaging the earth’s resources for profit.” Jeremy Lent, Author
8. Divest from Fossil Fuels – Find an ethical bank that is not funding fossil fuel expansion and climate change with the Ethical Consumer’s List of Current Accounts.